5 Swaps to Reduce Cravings 🍫🍨🍩🍦
1 in 3 women I speak with tell me they experience intense cravings. Carbs and sugar being the most common things women crave.
Most of us will try to avoid our craved foods at all cost but I’m sure you’ve experienced that feeling of dreaming and constantly thinking about the food you’re trying to avoid.
One of the reasons why cravings can’t seem to get away is because we’re using the wrong approach to them.
For instance, did you know that cravings are often a sing of?
· Undereating · Having too many restrictions and/or a restrictive mindset around food · Unbalanced blood sugars · Nutritional deficiencies
Just to name a few…
If you’re struggling with intense cravings, try these tricks to curb your cravings
1) If you crave chocolate: include magnesium rich-foods such as: pumpkin seeds, cooked spinach, beans & legumes & supplement with the supervision of your health practitioner
2) If you crave sweets: add protein to your breakfast & to your afternoon snack (try hemp hearts, greek yogurt, nuts & seeds)
3) If you crave carbs: add complex carbohydrates to ALL your meals. You heard that right: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try rolled oats, quinoa, brown rice, sweet potatoes, green leafy vegetables, the list goes on and on!
4) If you crave fatty foods: add healthy fats to all your meals: nuts & seeds, avocado, olive oil, fatty fish (salmon, sardines)
5) If you crave something very specific: HAVE IT! chances are if you can’t get a
specific food out of your mind is because you’re telling yourself you can’t have it. This is a red flag… depriving yourself of something you want so bad can only be avoided for so long until you binge on that food. So if you can’t get pizza, cookies, chips, ice cream or chocolate out of your mind, have some now while rather than waiting until you feel like you’re on the verge of a binge